Legion Hallowe’en Bash (8 Photos)
Carol Zarudenec Smith for local2 sault ste. marie
November 1st, 2012 at 10:22am
Co-ordinator, Mary Anne Martin, as a witch with a purple boa trim around her hat, has been planning Legion senior socials for two years. She said this is a first for this event and hopes to continue it next year.
The turn-out was quite good. Costumes were great! Ann and Ed Derkach were comfortable in a nightgown and pyjamas. Their faces were covered with Cajun masks and around their necks were vibrant coloured necklaces. The masks were quite unique. I’d never seen anything like them before. They graciously put a few strands of beads around my neck and I thanked them for their gesture. It put me right into the mood of the party. Marie Egglesfield was a smiling, friendly witch. Suzanne Moffatt Iezzi was a beautiful harem dancer accompanied by her husband Joe dressed in a floral Hawaiian shirt with a lei around his neck. He was ready for the next holiday. Dorothy Kozak appeared as a pleasant witch. Olive McCormick wore a delightful devil outfit. Anne Robertson was a jovial clown in the perfect Hallowe’en colours of orange and black. She was joined by her husband Sandy on the dance floor. Merlene and Larry were a cowboy and a cowgirl with what reminded me of Lone Ranger masks. Hi Ho Silver Away! Sam Stasiuk, as a Mexican, donned a large sombrero, scarf and red sash. His wife Marilyn looked lovely in her geisha attire. Not everyone present were in costume. Joan and Peter Lessard, among others, came to support this function. They really enjoyed themselves without having to worry about finding that certain outfit to attend. Each table was supplied pumpkin design napkins and a plate of treats for those with a sweet tooth and still a kid at heart. There were candy eyeballs, bones, fingers and gummy worms to munch on.
Dancing was a big part of this two hour social. Music was provided by The Happy Days Band whose members include Ron Belsito, Jay Dinsdale, Jim Grant, Bob Jenkins, Ray MacDonald and Mary Madonna. They kept the dance floor hopping playing tunes like At Last, That Old Feeling, Laura, Seems Like Old Times, Chicago, My Foolish Heart, Paper Roses, New York New York, Whispering and Shangrila.
Everyone had a howling good time at the Hallowe’en dance at the Legion on Wednesday afternoon.
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues