Local Group Seeking Permanent Vendor's Market in the Sault
Craig Huckerby for local2 sault ste. marie
October 23rd, 2012 at 1:12pm
The group, Sault Vendors United wants to unite all local vendors, from farmers to home baked goods and artisans and everything in between to come forward and plan for a new permanent location to sell their wares.
To get started, they want interested individuals to fill out a questionnaire available through their facebook page found here
"If Like to go into business for yourself, but don't have the inventory to stock an entire store, or the capital for high leasing contracts? We want to unite with fellow vendors every weekend and create a high traffic flow?" says one of the organizers.
If you're interested, Sault Vendors United wants to know a little about yourself and your ideas. The group says it is aiming for a similar venue such as St. Jacobs Market located outside of Kitchener Ontario.
"Imagine a gathering place where shoppers can find treasures of all kinds! Everything from food to footwear, hand crafted goods to garage sale items and antiques!"
First on their agenda is to make contact and find interest from local vendors. The group needs to know how many are interested in tackling this potential venture.
Once the group has seen interest from local vendors, it will then tackle a potential location for the market.
The group plans on operating the market Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday
"We are aiming for a spring opening date, but if the response is great enough, we may push this date ahead."
"It's perfect for the part time entrepreneur or hobbyist alike!" posted on their facebook page.
The group will also reserve space for one time renters...perfect for holding your own garage sale, without the worry of advertising or weather concerns! Also perfect for those just starting out and wish to test the waters and try vending before committing to it full time.
A spokesperson for the group encourages those interested to contact Sault Vendors,
"We will assess your particular needs and give you a price based on the amount of floor space you will require. Never have to pack up and haul away your wares, just to have to set up for the next show. Never have to search and apply for craft shows and exhibits again! Set up your space as you like and leave it locked up for the next day/weekend"
There will be 3 types of leases available, on a first come first served basis.
Permanent location leases (3 days/week)
One day/week leases
Occasional leases (yard sales etc)
The group reports positive response to the idea and wants the public to know what type of vendors they are looking for which include:
home baked goods
or any other type of vendor! Variety is the spice of life!
All are welcome and accepted on a first come, first served basis. There will not be duplicate businesses permitted. For example: Only the fist Tupperware agent to sign up will be admitted. Although, there may be multiple vendors selling jewelry of different brands.
If you or someone you know are interested in participating in this venture, or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues