NorthStars Win On The Road
George Parsons for local2 sault ste. marie
October 21st, 2012 at 9:01am
The game was played in Little Current as an "off-site" game to promote the GNML and also Sudbury has five team members from Manitoulin Island. The Wolves scored first at 7:54 of the first period to end the period with a 1 - 0 lead.
The Stars scored only 53 seconds into the second to tie the score and again at 11:07 to take a 2 - 1 lead. Sudbury answered back with 3:07 to play in the second to tie the score at 2 apiece. The Stars scored 2 in the third period to take the 4 - 2 victory.
The NorthStars defeated the Wolves by a score of 4 - 2. Brian Kment was in goal for the win.
Scoring for the NorthStars were:
1. Jaron Rowe from Anthony Stefano and Matt Pinder at 19:07 of the second period.
2. Devin Shell from Jaren Bellini and Ryan Vendramin at 11:07 of the second period.
3. Ryan Vendramin from Ryan Cooke and Devin Shell at 14:28 of the third period.
4. Cody Caron from Nathan Hebert at 12:40 of the third period.
The NorthStars are on the road Tuesday evening in Sudbury to play the Nickel City Sons. Next home action is next weekend when the Stars host the New Liskeard Cubs for a pair of games at the John Rhodes Arena. Saturday at 7:00pm and Sunday at 1:00pm.
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers
- Somewhere Out There...
- Midget Black Sox Take Another Loss
- Gas Siphoned and More Police Drama
- Heavy Duty Shoplifter Nabbed Weeks Later
- The BUZZ - Wednesday, June 19
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)