Dalton McGuinty Statement on Lincoln Alexander
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
October 19th, 2012 at 12:54pm | Last Updated at 12:56pm
“I was deeply saddened today to hear of the passing of Lincoln Alexander. We have lost a remarkable Ontarian and a great Canadian.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Lincoln’s family, especially his wife Marni, son Keith and his family.
Lincoln was a towering man, and his stature matched his influence — not just on all those fortunate enough to work with him, but all those who knew him. Indeed, he left an extraordinary legacy, both in his private life and as a public servant.
He broke down barriers. He made Ontario a better place for all of us, the next generation of public servants and citizens.
I am most grateful for all he did to improve the lives of young people and his dedication to strengthening education. Ontarians and indeed, all Canadians, will miss his passion, determination and hard work.”
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues