Less than 24 hours after a shootout loss to the Kapuskasing Flyers the NorthStars bounced back to defeat the Flyers by an identical score of 5 – 4, in regulation time.
What a difference a day makes with 53 minutes in penalties to the NorthStars last night and 18 minutes to the Flyers, today the two teams had a much lower penalty count with 17 minutes to the NorthStars and 12 minutes to the Flyers.
The NorthStars scored two first period power play goals to end the period up 2 to 0. Kapuskasing came out in the second and scored at 18:39 to close the score to 2 – 1, the NorthStars answered at the 11:11 mark of the period and then again at the 10:19 mark to end the period with a score of 4 to 2.
The NorthStars scored at the 18:29 mark of the third to take a 5 – 2 lead. However the Flyers did not give up and scored two power play markers in the third to make it 5 – 4, where it stayed for the balance of the game.
Scoring for the NorthStars were:
1. Ryan Vendramin from Devin Shell and Nick Trecroce at 8:08 of the first period on the power play.
2. Matt Pinder from Nick Trecroce and Cade Nolan at 6:28 of the first period on the power play.
3. Jaren Bellini from Ryan Vendramin and Nick Trecroce at 11:11 of the second period.
4. Devin Shell from Cody Caron and Brandon Grandinetti at 10:19 of the second period.
5. Matt Mitchell from Ryan Vendramin and Devin Shell at 18:29 of the third period.
Next action for the NorthStars is this weekend when they travel to London for the London Jr. Knights Annual Green Gold Tournament. Follow local media for results or log on to www.soonorthstars.com for game summaries.
- Fun Stuff
- Real Estate
- Used Cars
- Gift Guide
- 12 Days of Christmas