Pedestrian Dies From Injuries
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
October 4th, 2012 at 11:07am | Last Updated at 11:36am
On the 3rd of October 2012 at approximately 8:35 am Officers from the Sault Ste Marie Police Service were called to St. Georges Ave. at the entrance to St. Basils High School for a report of a pedestrian being struck by a motor vehicle.
As a result a 56 year old male was transported to the Sault Area Hospital by Ambulance and later flown to Sudbury where he succumbed to his injuries.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that the pedestrian was walking westbound on the sidewalk on the south side of St. Georges Ave, when he was struck by an east bound pickup truck being driven by a 48 year old male that was turning into the driveway at St Basils.
The identity of the victim will be withheld until notification of the family has been completed.
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers
- Somewhere Out There...
- Midget Black Sox Take Another Loss
- Gas Siphoned and More Police Drama
- Heavy Duty Shoplifter Nabbed Weeks Later
- The BUZZ - Wednesday, June 19
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)