Story of Luke Premieres Wins Best Film
Craig Huckerby for local2 sault ste. marie
October 1st, 2012 at 8:49am | Last Updated at 8:53am
The Story of Luke, a film shot entirely in Sault Ste. Marie premiered this past weekend at the San Diego Film Festival.
Local resident, Mike Chikoski who was part of the local crew on the film took in the premiere and tells us the film also won Best Film at the film festival.
After the screening Mike tells us, "The story of Luke" went great it was well done to the point that it made my wife cry."
"The Sault was represented well in the movie with alot of Sault landmarks visible to all that watched it. When asked if it was going to air back in the Sault Alonzo commented that at some point it would be brought back to the Sault for a screening. "
Chikoski is one of many from the community who has found employment when films come to town. Chikoski has worked on most of the projects including, Edwin Boyd, Firefox and most recently SwearNet.
Ecstasy another Sault shot film was also screened at the San Diego Film Festival
- Take your kids to the Kidz Summer Safety Festival on Sunday
- Get shredded and stop identity theft at Crime Stoppers event Saturday
- Civics U13 Girls Red kick off 2013 season in Petoskey
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps