Health Hazard Alert - Hamburger Recall Expanded
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
September 21st, 2012 at 2:18pm
The public warning issued on September 19, 2012 has been expanded to include additional ground beef products because the products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
The CFIA is warning the public, distributors and food service establishments not to consume, sell, or serve the ground beef products described below because the products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
This recall also includes unlabelled and/or unbranded ground beef products available for sale from August 24 through September 16, 2012 and sold at retail stores not identified in the CFIA's product list below, which may include small retailers, local meat markets and butcher shops, etc. Therefore, the CFIA is advising consumers who are unsure if they have the affected ground beef product in their home to check with the store(s) where the product was purchased or throw it out.
The following products, made from beef voluntarily recalled by XL Foods (Est. 38), are affected by this alert:
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues