Correctional Workers Protest Harper's Failing Crime Policies
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
September 16th, 2012 at 3:37pm
The correctional officers pointed out that prisons are getting overcrowded due to closing of several institutions; cutbacks by Correctional Services Canada; and inmates receiving longer sentences. This combination is making for a dangerous mix as inmates become more violent and join gangs thereby putting correctional officers at risk.
The union went door-to-door in the Prime Minister's riding (Calgary-Southwest) to talk with his constituents about the situation and encourage them to contact the Prime Minister in order to ensure correctional officers and Canadian's safety.
- Hounds Acquire Watling from Storm
- What You Need To Know About The International Bridge Walk
- Several Businesses Hit With Break-Ins
- Man Arrested For Selling Drugs At Strip Mall
- Impaired By Drugs
- Premier's Award Presented To Etienne Brule Public School - Photo
- OPP Target Aggressive Truck Drivers
- North Street To Close For Two Days
- Now That's a Garden Party! - Photo Gallery
- Local Rider Looks to Build on Success on Trillium Riding Circuit
- Five Schools Get New Principals
- Karmaís Former Owners Make Court Appearance
- Itís Official !
- When The Bugs Are Bad, Moose Head To The Highway - Photo
- OPP Investigate Incident at Wesdome Gold Mine
- LSARC Blog: How greedy do you have to be?