Strong Support for St. Mary’s College
Jim Fitzpatrick for local2 sault ste. marie
September 12th, 2012 at 10:20pm
St. Mary’s College would like to recognize a proud alum that has gone above and beyond to assist his former school.
Joe Maione, through his position at CIBC Wood Gundy and his own business, Maione Collectables, donated seventeen thousand dollars this past school year to various St. Mary’s College entities.
Mr. Maione’s largest donation came at the school’s annual Pub Night Fundraiser which wound up garnering $11,000 to the SMC Booster Club. The club funds a variety of activities at the school.
“As part of investing in our future, young people are our best asset and St. Mary’s College continues to develop great values. As a young student I experienced strong mentoring and am happy to invest in the future by supporting character building and team building through sports and scholarships. I continue to support the SMC Boosters and alumni annually and encourage others to follow,” said Maione.
“Joe is a terrific example of how supportive members of our alumni can be. His efforts are greatly appreciated by the teachers who coach our sports teams, and the students who benefit from his generosity,” said St. Mary’s College Principal Danny Viotto.
Mr. Maione also contributed $2,500 to the SMC Athletic Awards banquet, $1,000 to the Senior Boys basketball team and $2,500 in the form of two scholarships at the SMC graduation ceremony.
- Essar posts 2013 fiscal results, and they aren't pretty
- James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) Dies From Heart Attack
- Dumping in a wetland? Sunnyside residents clash at heated Conservation Authority meeting
- Ed Buchan passes away after life of service to country and community
- Two arrested for being where they weren't supposed to be
- Queen Elizabeth elementary students went golfing today!
- Take your kids to the Kidz Summer Safety Festival on Sunday
- Get shredded and stop identity theft at Crime Stoppers event Saturday
- Civics U13 Girls Red kick off 2013 season in Petoskey
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers