Happy Couple Picks Up LottoMax Cheque
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
August 27th, 2012 at 8:15pm | Last Updated at 8:20pm
Susannah is an avid lottery player and said, "When I scanned my LOTTO MAX ticket at the self-checker I thought it might have been an advertisement for LOTTO MAX when it flashed '$25 Million'. I wasn't sure what happened, but I quickly grabbed for a pen to sign my ticket and validated it at the cashier. When the bells and whistles went off at the terminal, I watched as my daughter ran around the store all excited realizing that I had the winning ticket." Susannah and Ron were in Toronto at the OLG Prize Centre today to pick up their $25 million cheque.
The Higgs have played the same LOTTO MAX numbers for more than two years. The numbers were chosen when Ron always looked at the clock each day at exactly 3:33 and Susannah was always seeing 2-2-2. The Higgs also have 3 children so they decided to combine a sequence of 2's and 3's and came up with their winning numbers.
Ron, 59, works for a steel manufacturer and Susannah, 56, works for an engineering company in Orillia.
This is not the first time the Higgs have won the lottery. Back in 2000, the couple won $10,000 with an INSTANT CROSSWORD ticket. The ticket was given to her in her Christmas stocking.
The Higgs have already decided to give away more than $12 million of their windfall to family, which Susannah says, "is giving us great joy."
The winning ticket was purchased at Daisy Mart at 340 Mississauga Street in Orillia.
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario LOTTO MAX players have won over $1.4 billion in prizes, including 23 jackpot wins and 133 winning MAXMILLIONS tickets from all across the province.
- Dumping in a wetland? Sunnyside residents clash at heated Conservation Authority meeting
- Ed Buchan passes away after life of service to country and community
- Two arrested for being where they weren't supposed to be
- Queen Elizabeth elementary students went golfing today!
- Take your kids to the Kidz Summer Safety Festival on Sunday
- Get shredded and stop identity theft at Crime Stoppers event Saturday
- Civics U13 Girls Red kick off 2013 season in Petoskey
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers
- Somewhere Out There...
- Midget Black Sox Take Another Loss