Sault Ste. Marie Man Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Crash
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
August 27th, 2012 at 9:03am
On the 26Aug12 at 3:20 pm Sault Ste. Marie OPP were called to investigate a single motor vehicle fatality involving a motorcycle. OPP were assisted by the Batchewana Fire and Rescue.
The collision occurred 4 kilometres north of Chippewa Falls on Highway 17 north, and the Hwy was closed for a short period of time.
Preliminary investigation reveals that the lone operator of the motorcycle was southbound on Hwy #17. The motorcycle drifted off the roadway into the southbound shoulder striking a section of guardrails along the Hwy. The operator was thrown from the motorcycle and died as a result of his injuries.
Alcohol, speed and weather are not considered to be factors in this accident.
The male driver is identified as DONALD AHONEN (65 yrs) of Sault Ste Marie.
OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators attended the scene and the investigation is ongoing.
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues