Driver Charged in Hit and Run
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
July 17th, 2012 at 4:23pm | Last Updated at 5:18pm
The accused was operating a silver Hyundai and was travelling northbound on Peoples Road when he struck a second vehicle from behind causing extensive damage to both cars (no injuries).
He fled the scene in his vehicle and with assistance from members of the public and staff from the City Board of Works, police were able to locate the accused on Fourth Line and Great Northern Road.
He has been charged with failing to remain at the scene of an accident, careless driving and breach of probation and will appear in court on 20 August 2012.
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers
- Somewhere Out There...
- Midget Black Sox Take Another Loss
- Gas Siphoned and More Police Drama
- Heavy Duty Shoplifter Nabbed Weeks Later
- The BUZZ - Wednesday, June 19
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions