Relay For Life : The Fight Goes On
Mike Caruso for local2 sault ste. marie
June 16th, 2012 at 7:51am | Last Updated at 12:19pm
The annual Relay for Life Walk in Sault Ste. Marie was held at the Rocky Dipietro Field on Friday with hundreds of family , friends and survivors walking for loved ones that lost the battle with the deadly disease, walking around the track to show unity in the battle. Thousands of dollars are raised every year through this fund raiser and as one person put it, “discover that they are not alone in the battle.”
Cancer survivors and patients were only to willing to share their stories so that everyone becomes aware of how important it is to detect and treat it in it’s early stages. There were a lot of tears, hugs, and even laughter at times, but things went as expected and the event was a major success.
- Hounds Acquire Watling from Storm
- What You Need To Know About The International Bridge Walk
- Several Businesses Hit With Break-Ins
- Man Arrested For Selling Drugs At Strip Mall
- Impaired By Drugs
- Premier's Award Presented To Etienne Brule Public School - Photo
- OPP Target Aggressive Truck Drivers
- North Street To Close For Two Days
- Now That's a Garden Party! - Photo Gallery
- Local Rider Looks to Build on Success on Trillium Riding Circuit
- Five Schools Get New Principals
- Karma’s Former Owners Make Court Appearance
- It’s Official !
- When The Bugs Are Bad, Moose Head To The Highway - Photo
- OPP Investigate Incident at Wesdome Gold Mine
- LSARC Blog: How greedy do you have to be?