NOJHL Issues Statement on Thunderbirds Coaching Staff
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
April 30th, 2012 at 1:52pm
The Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League released the following statement today regarding the situation with two members of the Soo Thunderbirds coaching staff:
The Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League (NOJHL) has suspended Soo Thunderbirds coaches Preston Mizzi and Jamie Henderson indefinitely.
The suspensions were issued in response to inappropriate off-ice behavior and leadership.
The Thunderbirds coaches were provided a warning following a formal investigation by the NOJHL, and upon repeat of the behavior were immediately suspended.
The decision to suspend these individuals was made in the interest of player safety and to ensure this type of detrimental behavior is deemed as unacceptable in the NOJHL.
The Soo Thunderbirds organization fully supports the decision of the NOJHL.
The NOJHL and Dudley Hewitt Cup Champion Soo Thunderbirds will be led by interim Head Coach Zoltan Kovacs and General Manager Kevin Cain throughout the upcoming 2012 RBC Cup.
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues
- Two People Who Want To Smell Nice
- The BUZZ - Tuesday, June 18
- Hounds Acquire Watling from Storm
- What You Need To Know About The International Bridge Walk
- Several Businesses Hit With Break-Ins